By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Kathleen_M_Cooley]Kathleen M Cooley
Tired of glaring at your computer, frustrated that it is moving slower than molasses on a subzero temperature day? Can't get it to load webinars, has frequent "white outs" and often needs you to manually crash the internet?
Most people would automatically think of a virus, malware or spyware, right?
Not necessarily so, here are a few of the very simple, but extremely important tasks that anyone, especially marketers, need to know about Computer Basics For Online Marketers.
In the years that I have been online, I have been shocked and amazed many times by how many marketers, struggling with badly behaving computers, don't know about the basics of computer care.
To begin with its not your computers fault nor your internet, well not directly anyway. A computer can only do what you tell it to do, it needs you to take care of it. The following is a list of some of the things any marketer or person can do for themselves.
1. Clear your Cache (clear cookies) frequently. This is especially important to do as a marketer because you are constantly going to different sites online. One sign that you need to clear the cache is that the computer is slow to respond to commands. *I recommend you add Ccleaner.com to your computer as it does a much better job than the cache cleaner that comes with the computer.
2. Regularly defragment your computer and while you there check out how much space is in use.
3. Keep track of computer space in use: Make sure you have no more than 50% of C drive space in use. I know this can be a challenge but a lot of programs marketers run take up a lot of space, especially some webinars. Over the years I have lost count of how many marketers I know that had their computer crash because of this one oversight. Oh and just so you know, if the computer crashes because it's too full, there is no saving or retrieving what was on it.
4. Check for add-ons you didn't load or no longer need: In the browser, go to tools then add-ons and go through extensions and plug-ins. Anything you are not using, or didn't know you added you should disable. Do not remove it unless you know for sure you will never need it. If you don't know what it is, do a search engine check on it. The most annoying, frequent cause for white-outs is the Microsoft.net framework assistant 0.0.0, do a search on this one so you will understand why. But disable it while you do.
5. Clear your Java cache by going to the control panel and right clicking the Java icon folder. If this is full you will find videos and other related things are slow to load and constantly buffering.
As an online marketer it never hurts to have more than one browser to use. I always recommend marketers use Firefox as their main browser because it is safer and more marketer friendly. If you perform these basic computer care steps regularly, you will find that your computer is much more user friendly.
Oh and it's okay if your office policy is still to "blame the computer" when things go wrong.
Kat Cooley of Kat's Hands *The Hands and Voice of Your Success*
To get to know me a little more check out my personal blog, which recently has poems written by a friend and a page on something very dear to my heart called Changing Your World. This used to be my business blog so it has some marketing things on it as well.
This is the personal blog http://www.katshands.com
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Working-From-Home-Series-1:-Computer-Basics-For-Online-Marketers&id=7437586] Working From Home Series 1: Computer Basics For Online Marketers